“A good neonatal and paediatric reference and textbook ….” Reviewed by Jo Wilson on behalf of Nursing Times, March 2015
A developmental approach addresses the differences at each stage of the child’s growth and enables you to individualize care at the appropriate level for each child.
- UNIQUE! Quality Patient Outcomes are discussed for major childhood diseases and disorders, showing how nursing care directly impacts patient outcomes.
- Nursing Care Plans provide models for planning patient care, with rationales explaining why specific nursing interventions have been chosen, and include nursing diagnoses, patient/family goals, nursing interventions/rationales, expected outcomes, and NIC and NOC guidelines.
- A focus on family-centered care emphasizes the role and influence of the family in health and illness with a separate chapter and Family-Centered Care boxes.
- Critical thinking exercises use case studies to help you test and develop your own analytical skills.
- Nursing Care Guidelines provide clear, step-by-step, detailed instructions on performing specific skills or procedures.
- Nursing Tips include helpful hints and practical, clinical information, and Nursing Alerts provide critical information that must be considered in providing care.
- An emphasis on wellness includes principles of health promotion and injury prevention for each age group.
- Drug Alerts highlight important drug-related information for safe, appropriate care.
- Pathophysiology Reviews explain complicated disease processes with illustrated summary boxes.
- Complementary & Alternative Therapy boxes include timely information on alternative medicine as a part of complete, comprehensive care.
- Atraumatic Care boxes contain techniques for care that minimize pain, discomfort, or stress, and provide guidance for performing procedures in a caring manner.
- Emergency Treatment boxes serve as a quick reference in critical situations.
NEW! NCLEX® exam-style review questions allow you to test your understanding of text content and practice answering application-based NCLEX questions.
- NEW! Translating Evidence into Practice and Applying Evidence to Practice boxes help you apply research to support, guide, and improve the outcomes of nursing care.
- UPDATED content includes the new CPR guidelines, pain assessment and management, immunizations, asthma, and updated interventions.
- NEW! Community and Home Health Considerations boxes focus on wellness information and illness-related topics.
List Price: $ 128.00
Price: $ 82.06
Find More Infant Products