- Default walking speed: 24.0 cm/sec (9.44 in/sec), 0.25 sec/step – user modifiable gait
- 3-axis gyro, 3-axis accelerometer, button x3, detection microphone x2
- Built-in PC: Intel Atom N2600 @1.6GHz dual core processer, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 32GB mSATA
- 20 Actuator Modules (6DOF leg x2 + 3DOF arm x2 + 2DOF neck)
- Open Platform (Hardware and Software)
The ROBOTIS OP2 Open Platform Advanced Humanoid Robot is an affordable, miniature humanoid robot platform with advanced computational power, sophisticated sensors, high payload capacity, and dynamic motion ability enable many exciting research, education and outreach activities. Robotics OP2 is a new version of ROBOTIS DARwin-OP. Despite the change in name the robot may be colloquially still be called “Darwin.” The only major change comes from the upgrade in computing. When ROBOTIS OP was first released it was stated that it supported Windows OS. This claim is, and remains, technically true. However, in practice installing Windows is impossible due to the 4GB cap of the embedded SSD from ROBOTIS OP’s PC. The scant 4GB made difficult installing the later releases of Ubuntu and significant workaround was required to be able to install the later Linux releases. ROBOTIS OP2 upgrade is aimed at eliminating the difficulties relating to computing from the previous generation. You can now focus your efforts more into developing the robot and less on devoting resources for computing.
Related Advanced Robots Products