- A carefree yet easily-irritated, funny yet strident voice for those who know just what they want and suffer no fools on their way to getting it.
- CONTAINS – over 200 themed magnetic word tiles in a cute, colorful, giftable 4.75 x 3 inch box. Rearrange the words to write poems, messages to your roommates, or generative esoteric word art masterpieces whose meaning is lost even to you. Magnetic Poetry is both a creative writing aid, and just a really fun and limitless toy. They’re not just fridge words, you can write an ode on your commode, an elegy on your doorknob, a haiku on your car hood, or a novelette on your omelette maker.
- MIX AND MATCH WITH OTHER KITS – Tile height is 0.375 Inches, compatible with nearly all other Magnetic Poetry sets. With dozens of other themed kits, the possibilities are endless. You can mix and match to create custom combinations, and custom gift ideas. Magnet words make a great dorm room accessory, or locker decoration. They’re also a perfect gift for poetry lovers, or a gift for writers of any kind, and as a graduation present, you can’t go wrong.
- MADE IN THE USA – Magnetic Poetry sets are made in America, are nontoxic, and comply with all American and international safety guidelines and regulations. Magnetic Poetry is the inventor of the magnetic word tile, and we’re still a small US company that takes great pride in every set we make. Read more about our company in the product description below.
- OVER 100 DIFFERENT SETS – Please click on the Magnetic Poetry brand name below the title of this page to browse other sets made by us.
The Magnetic Poetry Story
Dave Kapell, founder of Magnetic Poetry, was suffering from writer’s block while trying to compose song lyrics. To overcome this problem, he wrote down interesting words on pieces of paper and rearranged them, looking for inspiration. What he hadn’t figured into this experiment was his allergies. One good sneeze and any progress was sent flying across the room. Dave decided to glue the words to pieces of magnets and stick them to a pizza tin. Then he got hungry and the now magnetized words made their way to the refrigerator door. Before too long, Dave wasn’t the only one rearranging his would-be song lyrics. When friends came over, Dave noticed they started to move the magnets around, amusing themselves by writing the first magnetic poems.
After seeing his friends having fun, Dave thought he might be able to sell his word kits at a local craft fair. He made up 100 kits and set up shop at Calhoun Square, a mall in the Uptown area of Minneapolis. All 100 kits were gone after 3 hours. That night, he recruited as many friends as pizza and beer could draw and made up more kits–all of which sold as rapidly the next day.
From these beginnings, Magnetic Poetry¨ has now sold over three million word kits, over one billion word tiles–growing from the Original Kit to a kid’s line of kits, to foreign language kits, to Voice/theme kits.
List Price: $ 12.95
Price: $ 12.95